The initial of two top-eight picks remains in for the Orlando Magic.
With the No. 5 choice in the 2021 NBA Draft, the Magic picked Jalen Suggs of Gonzaga.
The 6-4 guard averaged 14.4 factors, 5.3 rebounds and also 4.5 assists in his single season at Gonzaga while directing the team to the National Championship game. He shot 50.3 percent from the area, consisting of 33.7 percent from three on 3.5 efforts per game.
Despite having point guards Markelle Fultz as well as Cole Anthony on the lineup, the Magic couldn’t hand down taking Suggs when he came under their lap, including another flooring basic right into the mix.
Inside Amway Facility the moment Jalen Suggs was announced.
— Aaron Goldstone (@AaronGoldstone).
In his, our Aaron Goldstone shared his movie study thoughts …
– Athleticism actually stands out when he’s playing in change; big-time run & & dive professional athlete
– Very crafty at the rim, exceptional finisher in change and on the step (with either hand)
– Evident he’s a multi-sport athlete; elite body control, motion precede
– Was commonly able to get downhill and to the edge as a pick-and-roll initiator; stays to be seen if he will be able to do that against exclusive NBA athletes/smarter defenders (who go under screens/fight through more success)
– Was strong enough as a shooter when protectors went under screens, has area to enhance shot technicians (I wish to see him launch the basketball a bit greater)
– Can make all the passes essential out of pick-and-roll action; really underrated vision
– Proverbial “quarterback” on the court, sees the flooring extremely well– plenty on film (skip passes, cross-court passes to shooters in the corner) to sustain his passing acumen; selfless lead guard-Strong and also sports on-ball defender. Makes use of dimension and also quick hands/quick feet to be disruptive and stay laterally before his man-Big-time “hustler”; creates favorable plays in numerous ways based solely off effort– ferret out blocks, swipes from back-taps and also leaping passing lanes, diving for loose spheres, deflections, etc.
– Has ‘All-NBA Defense’ possibility; possesses whatever required: dimension, stamina, athleticism, effort, understanding, flexibility
The Magic’s pick was thought to be the first enigma of the draft, with the top-four relatively set in rock leading up to the draft. However the Toronto Raptors remarkably marinaded Florida State University’s Scottie Barnes simply in advance of Orlando with the 4th pick in the draft.
Cade Cunningham went first overall to the Detroit Pistons. Jalen Green went 2nd to the Houston Firecrackers. Evan Mobley went third to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Magic also have the No. 8 pick, with gamers like Jonathan Kuminga and also Moses Moody still on the board.
Even more ahead …